We are currently researching heavily on Kusama parachain auction and how it works. In this thread, I will summarize known and unknown information.
Unknown and important information
- Kusama Parachain lease period. Lease slot 6 weeks, max. 6 months?
- The date of the Kusama Parachain auction. We need to see the Kusama governance portal carefully.
- Whether we can start the crowdloan itself prior to the auction or not.
- Shiden Network reserves 35% SDN tokens for Kusama parachain auctions.
- We will use the crowdloan module prepared by Parity Technologies
- “The point of this module is to allow parachain projects to offer the ability to help fund a deposit for the parachain. When the parachain is retired, the funds may be returned.”
- “Contributing funds is permissionless. Each fund has a child-trie which stores all contributors account IDs together with the amount they contributed; the root of this can then be used by the parachain to allow contributors to prove that they made some particular contribution to the project (e.g. to be rewarded through some token or badge). The trie is retained for later (efficient) redistribution back to the contributors.”
- We can decide the min and max amount of the KSM deposit.
- Funds may be set up during an auction period
- Keep in mind that if you don’t withdraw KSM after finishing the lease period or when we lose the auction, you will lose the tokens.
To Do: Add more information